Tips and Tricks - Updated July 2018
- Put a pad between each NON rosin plate. This will prevent slippage. You are using tons of pressure. Be smart.
- You may put one under the bottom pressing plate...this is purely a personal choice. I find it helps to keep the heat where it belongs, in the plates. I use 3 mats stacked on top of each other and put the bottom rosin plate on the mats.
- The plates may under/overshoot the set temperature by a couple of degrees C. This is normal. The plates will balance out to the set temperature within 10 minutes. It takes less time to come up to the set temperature in baby steps, than to blow past it and then have to wait for the plates to cool down.
- You will notice a small temperature drop while pressing. This is normal. It will compensate for the introduction of a 'cold material' quickly.
- Do not attach the ram of the press to CannaPlates until you have reached your set temperature. The seals on high pressure rams are not, as a rule, designed for prolonged heat exposure.
- Detach the ram from the top CannaPlates after using. I keep the ram inside the hole of the top plate. If you accidently hit the top plate it can go flying off the press,.ripping out the heaters. You only need to raise the ram about 1/4" off the top plate. Making this a habit, will extend your press life considerably AND keep your top plate where it needs to be!
- Do not overtighten the K type Thermocouple. It just has to be snug. DO NOT overtighten!
- It is not advised to change ANY of the settings on the INKBIRD pid temperature controller. It has been preset for you, to give the best rosin pressing experience.
- This is a plug and play setup. It is usable right from the box it was mailed in.
- Read ALL instructions and make sure to read our PDF Manuals!
- Buy a 8"x 8"x 3/4" thick metal plate. You use this as a main table for your shop press. This is not required, but it is highly recommended! Do not pay more than around $25 cad. Most large cities have a Metal Supermarkets nearby. They are your best bet for this item. Here is a store locator for you: Metal Supermarkets Store FInder
- DO NOT use WAX PAPER to press your Rosin.
Use only a high quality PARCHMENT PAPER like NorPro or similar Rosin pressing paper. I recommend the NorPro linked paper!
Back to CannaBlog Education